GCSE Course Guide
For the next two
- English Language
- Science (Double Award or 2 GCSEs)
- Physical Education (non-examinable)
This will give you five 5 (I)GCSEs. A number of students also take English Literature as well as English Language. This is not decided until Form 11.
- Business Studies
- Computer Studies
- Physical Education
- Science (Triple Option)
Course Change Requests
Early in Form 10 and up to 4 weeks, you may wish to change courses. The procedure to do this is as follows:
- Speak to your tutor about your desire to change a course
- Speak to your parents
- Speak to the subject co-ordinators of:
- the subject you want to change from, and
- the subject you want to put in it’s place
The final decision will be made by the Headmaster in consultation with the staff mentioned above. No student is allowed to change courses without following this procedure.
Good Luck and Enjoy!
In September 2018, you will start your new courses. We hope you enjoy them and that after two years you will have worked hard enough to obtain a “string” of top grades.