Since arriving at Mougins I have been a little concerned by the use of mobile phones within the school. This is something that is being looked at very closely for the new school year.
With two weeks left I would ask for the support of parents in reinforcing expectations about phones. They should not be used on campus unless a teacher has explicitly provided permission.
There is so much more to say on this matter but for now please note that we will confiscate a phone that is being used inappropriately until the end of the school day and I have asked all teachers to be extra vigilant regarding this matter.
There are a number of excellent tools that can be used to restrict access to certain applications. For iOS users the ScreenTime function is especially good. We will run training sessions for this next year.
Phone use and social media remain a challenge for parents and schools around the world. It is one that we will take on strongly from September.
Summer is coming soon! What could be better than a magnificent outdoor summer concert performed by the students of Mougins School!
We are delighted to welcome you to our campus
Friday 25th of June at 6pm
Admission fees apply
The proceeeds from this event will go towards upgrading our music recording equipment for future performances.
We welcome you from 5.30pm for a pre-concert drink kindly provided by the PTA.
We are pleased to offer Mougins families the option of summer camps during the school holiday. Riviera Kids will be running an exciting program for under 12’s based at ICS Cote D’Azur (EBICA) and for over 12’s at Mougins. The programs are an exciting mix of sport and outdoor adventure that take advantage of this wonderful place in which we live.
SUMMER LANGUAGE CAMP
As the Summer holidays are approaching, you might still be wondering how to keep your children occupied.
Enrolment for the Learnissimo Summer Language Courses is still open: 10 individual lessons of 30 minutes with native and certified teachers for your children aged 8 to 18.
Learnissimo is at your disposal for any extra information via email email@example.com or chat on the website.
With further restrictions being lifted across France this week, we would like to clarify the situation at school as set out to us by the French Government. Currently many restrictions remain in place.
- Masks – From Thursday 17th June masks do not need to be worn in outdoor spaces, except for certain conditions i.e. stadiums . Thus in school students are now only required to wear their masks inside.
- An entire class/ year group (in secondary) will close on confirmation of 1 positive case.The entire class/year group will be required to take a rapid antigen test within 24hrs of class closure and isolate for 7 days. An initial negative result does not reduce the isolation period. A negative PCR or Antigen test will be required to return to school after isolation.
- Students must remain at home if they, or any member of the household tests positive for Covid. Parents have a responsibility to inform school as soon as possible to ensure any action required occurs without delay.
- Lunch will continue to be staggered in the canteen as per government guidelines. With the warmer weather finally arriving, the use of the large outside spaces will also facilitate ‘safer’ eating times.
- Off site excursions are now permitted to cultural centres etc. These will be undertaken with strict health policies in place.
- End of school celebrations are now authorised with health policies in place.
- Although some travel is now opening up there are some requirements that remain firmly in situ at present. Please refer to the link below for clarification of Green, Amber and red travel zones.
If you have any questions related to Covid please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the notice board info from Primary:
Monday 21st June – Year 4 school trip
Friday 25th 9:00 Early Years Prize Giving assembly
- Monday 28th KS2 (4,5,6) Prize Giving assembly 9:00
- Tuesday 29th KS1 (1,2,3) Prize Giving assembly 9:00
SECONDARY PRIZE GIVING
July 1st – Year 7-12 Prize Giving is on Thursday 1st July and starts at 2:30pm.
Parents are very welcome to help celebrate the academic success and
effort of our Students this academic Year 2020-2021.
Students. They will receive a Prize for four or more nominations.
July 2nd – Year 13 Graduation
The Y13 Graduation begins at 6:30pm.
LOCAL STUDIES PROGRAMME FORM 7
- On Tuesday 22nd June 7B will visit the Monumental Mougins outdoor sculpture exhibition
- On Tuesday 29th June it will be 7B’s turn to visit Terre de Soleil