YEARBOOKS ON SALE NOW!
Our 2020-2021 yearbooks are here! They will be on sale for 25€.
Our yearbook “A Not So Traditional Year” will hopefully provide you with positive memories from a time that has been difficult and confusing as a result of the pandemic.
Buying them it’s easy! Visit us on campus on these dates:
- Summer concert Friday 25.06 – 5.30pm
- Primary Prize giving Monday 28.06 – 9am
- Primary Prize giving Tuesday 29.06 – 9am
- Secondary Prize giving Thursday 01.07 – 2.30pm
- Graduation Friday 2.07 – 6 pm
For every yearbook sold, €2 will be donated to the association AC²P, created by Stella Marin, a form 13 student, for the Antoine Lacassagne Center in Nice.
Join us in the fight against pancreatic cancer!
We are pleased to offer Mougins families the option of summer camps during the school holiday. Riviera Kids will be running an exciting program for under 12’s based at ICS Cote D’Azur (EBICA) and for over 12’s at Mougins. The programs are an exciting mix of sport and outdoor adventure that take advantage of this wonderful place in which we live.
SUMMER LANGUAGE CAMP
As the Summer holidays are approaching, you might still be wondering how to keep your children occupied.
Enrolment for the Learnissimo Summer Language Courses is still open: 10 individual lessons of 30 minutes with native and certified teachers for your children aged 8 to 18.
Learnissimo is at your disposal for any extra information via email email@example.com or chat on the website.
SUMMER SELF DEFENCE COURSES
Alex O’Connor and Nigel Wright will be running a week long intense self-defence course for girls from 12-16 July at Mougins School. The course will be from 9h-12h everyday and is suitable for girls from 14-20 years old and will cost 200 euro.
Numbers are limited and the course is open to the public although first priority will be given to Mougins School families so please register quickly if this is of interest.
They will also be running a 3 hour intense course on Saturday the 11th of July from 9h-12h for girls and ladies over 14 years old. The cost of this intense course is 50 euro.
Both courses will be a mixture of practical and theory including the following:
- How to avoid dangerous situations using situational awareness, robust body language, and correct voice projection.
- Identifying the body’s weak points and natural weapons.
- Drilling aggressive and accurate striking combinations to natural weak points.
- Escapes and counters to common kinds of attacks such as grabs, strangles and bear hugs.
- Strategies and counter maneuvers against sexual aggression.
- Information regarding self defence and the law.
As mentioned above, part of the course will discuss and deal with the subject of sexual aggression. If you would like to discuss this or have any further questions about the course, please feel free to call Alex on 07 69 67 26 43 or message via whattsapp.
2021 SCIENCE PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Our famous science competition is on! Get your cameras ready because this year’s theme is structure!
Entries must be printed in the highest definition possible and submitted to Mr Andrews by 20th September 2021 with name and form of photographer on the reverse. Please include a description of the photo subject.
Remember that no filters are allowed and that you must be the one taking the photo! Good luck!
With further restrictions being lifted across France this week, we would like to clarify the situation at school as set out to us by the French Government. Currently many restrictions remain in place.
- Masks – From Thursday 17th June masks do not need to be worn in outdoor spaces, except for certain conditions i.e. stadiums . Thus in school students are now only required to wear their masks inside.
- An entire class/ year group (in secondary) will close on confirmation of 1 positive case.The entire class/year group will be required to take a rapid antigen test within 24hrs of class closure and isolate for 7 days. An initial negative result does not reduce the isolation period. A negative PCR or Antigen test will be required to return to school after isolation.
- Students must remain at home if they, or any member of the household tests positive for Covid. Parents have a responsibility to inform school as soon as possible to ensure any action required occurs without delay.
- Lunch will continue to be staggered in the canteen as per government guidelines. With the warmer weather finally arriving, the use of the large outside spaces will also facilitate ‘safer’ eating times.
- Off site excursions are now permitted to cultural centres etc. These will be undertaken with strict health policies in place.
- End of school celebrations are now authorised with health policies in place.
- Although some travel is now opening up there are some requirements that remain firmly in situ at present. Please refer to the link below for clarification of Green, Amber and red travel zones.
If you have any questions related to Covid please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents are very welcome to celebrate the success and effort of our Students.
- Monday 28th KS2 (4,5,6) Prize Giving assembly 9:00
- Tuesday 29th KS1 (1,2,3) Prize Giving assembly 9:00
- Tuesday 29th June – Form 6 Trip to Brague river
- Friday 2nd July – school finishes at 12.00
BOOK RETURN DAY
June 29th Book Return Day Students must bring all the School textbooks back and give
Them to their teachers in period 1 & 2.
SECONDARY PRIZE GIVING
July 1st – Year 7-12 Prize Giving is on Thursday 1st July and starts at 2:30pm.
Parents are very welcome to help celebrate the academic success and
effort of our Students this academic Year 2020-2021.
Students. They will receive a Prize for four or more nominations.
July 2nd – Year 13 Graduation
The Y13 Graduation begins at 6:30pm.