Dear Parents and wider Mougins Community,
I hope this finds you all well and you are enjoying the break. Thank you to all of you who have completed the community questionnaire from last week’s newsletter. I am going to keep the form open for another week to give any families who may have missed it the chance to discuss the values and the start, stop, continue exercise.
I will keep it brief this week given the break but I thought it might be worth highlighting some of the things I have been thinking about in preparation for the coming term. I hope that all things being equal students will be able to return to school as planned on the 26th (primary) and the 3rd May (secondary). If there are any changes made by the government we will let you know immediately.
As you can imagine my to do list is relatively long and growing at a pace. This is, of, course, to be expected coming into a new school but I remain very glad to be here. Here are some things to look out for in the coming weeks:
- A brand new newsletter format which will begin at the end of the first week back
- An introduction to our new Head of Secondary (joining us in August)
- Further information and guidance on the exam situation.
- The next steps in our discussion and development of our Mougins School values
- Parent drop in sessions to meet with me (via zoom in the first instance)
- School survey results
There will be more but this seems like a good list for now!
I look forward to sharing these with you all in the coming weeks. Until then I hope the weather improves and you can enjoy some time outside.
Head of School
Following last week’s newsletter we would like to clarify some important points regarding our request for students to be Covid tested before their return to school.
This request is part of our post lockdown return to school risk assessment protocol. The test is not compulsory but strongly recommended. Our aim is to ensure that we can reopen the school safely and with as little risk as possible. We are also striving to prevent class closures and further disruption to our children’s education. To ensure consistency we have asked staff members to be tested prior to their return too.
There is a great deal of information available around testing and it can sometimes be confusing and even contradictory. With this in mind we feel it is useful to provide you with the following information regarding the ways to access a test.
- A laboratory PCR test can be booked online
- A Linear Rapid Antigen test (nasal swab) can be taken by a DR or at a pharmacy. These are generally on a walk in basis.
- Some pharmacies offer Saliva tests for younger children. (These are NOT available as home tests and must be performed with a medical practitioner)
- As of 12th April 2021 you can purchase Rapid Antigen tests for home use at the pharmacy. These are NOT saliva tests. They are Rapid Antigen tests involving a small less invasive nasal swab. These are only licensed for use in over 15 years of age. The pharmacist will give guidance for their safe use.
We request that the test be taken within 72hrs of the return to school. Please can we remind you all that there is a legal obligation to inform school of any confirmed positive cases within households. Isolation rules must then be applied as per government policy. We can help advise any families who are in this situation.
Whilst there remains a range of opinions on how COVID should be managed, the undisputed constant is that we all have a responsibility to keep ourselves and others safe. We therefore greatly appreciate your assistance in helping to ensure we do.
If you have any further questions relating to this matter please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 11, 12 & 13 Exams
All parents and students from Year 11, 12 & 13 have received an update on the (I)GCSE, (I)AS and (I)A2 cancelled examination series for this year. If you missed this communication it can be accessed HERE
Please note that both Cambridge and Edexcel examination boards are still finalising their processes. We will provide you with any relevant updates as soon as we receive them.